Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Our first garden!

Ever since I can remember, Oma has had a garden at my parents house and each time I was available, I would go out there to help her. Little did I know (through all of my frustration and near death heat strokes) that I would be creating one of my own. To my surprise, Jerod is also interested in helping me. :)

Here is a picture of phase 1. Pardon the blur of the photo, this was taken from my phone and I was practically shaking I was so excited.





And here is phase 2. Jerod surprised me on a Monday after work with having the garden tilled. Almost ready for planting.


We put fertilzer on the garden last night and then used a hand tiller to mix it in. If the weather stays this nice I will be able to start planting this week. :D

We plan on planting at least five things:
1. Peas
2. Green Beans
3. Lettuce
4. Potatoes
5. Tomatoes

IF we have any room left over I am sure I can come up with a few more veggies...

No comments:

Post a Comment